Monday, February 23, 2015

Normally on this blog I try very hard to think deep thoughts about setting aside the self and living for Christ.  Galatians 2:20 is a key verse for this idea, and it's a good one.

Today, however, I start Seminary.  I can't afford my textbooks, so I'm hoping for some grace from the professors until the loans and scholarship overage is disbursed.  I should be terrified.  I should be running around trying to scrounge up dimes from the couch cushions and Amazon gift cards from my secret Amazon gift card hiding place... but I'm not.
I know, somehow, this is going to work out.

I've spent lots of time in prayer.  I sought wisdom from many counselors.  I got lots of great advice on both sides, from people I greatly respect, and then I spent more time in prayer.

In the end, I was convinced that this is what God wants of me.

So even though I should be worried, even though I should be afraid, I'm just not going to be.  My Father owns the cattle on a thousand hills, and HE can do some amazing things.  My Master pulled a coin out of the mouth of a fish to pay His taxes.  And in His kingdom, they use gold as paving stones.
I should be afraid.  But I have been crucified with Christ, and it is no longer I who live, but Jesus Christ now lives in me.  And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment